Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Life after the wedding

I spent the last 3 years of my life obsessing over weddings and when I was going to get married.  I was the girl who bought every single wedding magazine and looked through them each 4 or 5 times to make sure I didn't miss any great tips.  I watched every wedding show out there, but "Say Yes to the Dress" was my hands down favorite. I spent endless hours googling flowers, dresses, rings, honeymoon destinations, and photographers. I had dreamed about my wedding for so long and could not wait for the day to finally get here. The day after the wedding was when I first started feeling sad. My husband and I were on the first day of our honeymoon cruise and had spent the whole day laying out by the pool and having cocktails.  As we made our way back to our room for the first time, I suddenly burst into uncontrollable tears.  I was overcome with the thought that it was all over.  The day I had dreamed about for so long was over! Our wedding had been so much fun and I just thought that I was never going to have that much fun ever again! I recovered from that moment and we had a super fabulous honeymoon.  With stops in Aruba, Costa Rica, Panama, Columbia, and Grand Cayman how could we not have a great time!

We have been married for 2 months now and I feel like I have to create projects and things to look forward to.  I started a new job one week after we returned from our honeymoon, big change.  We got brand new bedding, new dishes, new silver-wear. So many new and exciting things in our life.  I started training to run a half marathon with my Dad in October.  I stay busy with runs just about everyday after work.  I started writing a book.  A big undertaking that I have always wanted to try.  We have made some great friends here in Atlanta who we can go to dinner with or go on trips with.  This weekend we are taking a road trip down to Panama City Beach. Somehow I still feel incomplete. Like the obsessing wedding planning consumed me and now I have this empty space in my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment