Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Balancing our finances

My husband and I are trying to be financially responsible. We would like to buy our first home by next summer. In order to accomplish this we are trying to stay on top of our bills and not overspend. The problem is that we have been trying to stay on a healthy diet. If you have ever eaten very healthy, you understand what I mean when I say, it can be very expensive. Buying fresh produce on a regular basis can get very expensive. We try to eat fresh fish once or twice a week. We try to get chicken when its on sale, but we only eat the lean chicken breasts which are costly. Another expensive meat is hamburger.  We have been buying the leanest meat which is always the most expensive. Other expenses to stay healthy are: our gym membership, my race entry fees (the 1/2 marathon cost $75 to enter!) new workout clothes (because if I am going to tortue myself at the gym, I must look cute while doing it!), and the numerous vitamins and protein bars and shakes. It is a constant struggle trying to figure out where we can cut down on spending.

No comments:

Post a Comment